Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Weekly Montessori Work


Each week we have our one "scheduled" play date.  I don't really like "play dates" that don't have a purpose.  I like to know what the reason is for getting together with people (if it is just so the mom and I can chat, then just playing is great!).  Anyway, each week we get together with a mother friend of mine, she has two kids.  We both try to embrace the Montessori way of life as much as we can--among other things.  We only have so much money and so much space.  If I had a huge home, I could have spaces dedicated to Montessori, but we live in a townhome--i.e. limited space.  Every other week I plan an activitiy that somehow focuses on some type of Montessori principles. We also try to add grace and courtesy lessons (with a 3 year old, 2 yr old and 19 month old, it isn't the most smooth thing) but sometimes things stick.  I just love having something for the kids to do while my mom friend and I can talk and learn from each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment